Kissing under the mistletoe is a holiday tradition. Eating it is not, because mistletoe has a reputation as being poisonous.
Yet many of us know someone who ate a berry or two as a kid and lived to tell the tale, sooooo, just HOW toxic is mistletoe?
The answer is: it depends!
Unlike the holiday poinsettia, which has a bad reputation yet probably won’t do more than make you feel sick if you eat it, mistletoe ingestion warrants a call to Poison Control and immediate medical attention.
Feeling KOOL is brought to you by Barrow Neurological Institute at St. Joseph’s Hospital.