Black Friday has been the busiest shopping day of the year in America for quite some time now. It is the day after Thanksgiving in the United States, and usually is the day major retailers traditionally start to sell Christmas gifts, putting items on display for the holidays with lots of decoration. It is an important day for producers and consumers because it allows for producers to sell a lot of things fast (old and new seasonal items), and for consumers to buy some merchandise at a great value on this special day. A lot of retailers because of the amount of traffic flow through their stores have slowly over the years increased the amount of hours they are open just for Black Friday. Last year, Target, Macy’s, Best Buy, and Kohl’s (major corporations) opened at midnight just to satisfy consumers and get ahead with their sales. People liken Black Friday to other National Holidays in Commonwealth Nations such as Boxing Day.
Another big day for these retailers and other retailers that focus on shoppers that consume online is Cyber Monday. Cyber Monday is the following Monday of Thanksgiving and Black Friday where you find lower prices on merchandise in stores that you may not find ever throughout the entire year. It is a business tactic to sell more and sell things at a rapid speed to set the pace for the 4th quarter of a business. This helps them reach their sales goals as well as satisfy the consumers and loyal customers that shop at their store in person and did not get the chance to do so on Black Friday. It also presents the opportunity to get rid of merchandise from the last season at lower prices. In 2009, 600 or more retailers offered discounts.
Small Business Saturday is yet another Shopping holiday in the United States catered to smaller business giving them the opportunity to make sale advances as well as big retailers and corporations. It is the Saturday after Thanksgiving and during on the busiest shopping periods of the year. It is a fairly new shopping holiday and started up in 2010.
- Arizona Mills Mall http://www.simon.com/mall/arizona-mills/stream/black-friday-super-sale-2611
- Kohl’s http://blackfriday.com/stores/kohls
- Target http://www.target.com/np/target-black-friday/-/N-5q0f2?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=googlestr&CPNG=holiday+pre+black+friday+search&adgroup=holiday+pre+black+friday+search&LNM=Black%20friday&MT=broad&LID=28p4142724&KID=1cc37071-9a81-a988-6bee-0000097f4af2
- Best Buy https://blackfriday.bestbuy.com/#!/door+busters
- JCPenney http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/jsp/browse/marketing/promotion.jsp?pageId=pg40019800007&cm_mmc_o=4mW*4jPkzgLjdybpzY*4jPkzgLjdybpzYj3g5wEEwY*Xg5wEEwY%20BE%20_kzgL%20uybpzY
- Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Black-Friday/b?ie=UTF8&node=384082011
- Wal-Mart http://localad.walmart.com/Walmart/Entry/Flash?forceview=y&promotioncode=LA_Walmart-121123%3fpovid%3dcat14503-env15844-moduleA110912-lLink_BLACKFRIDAY
- Office Max http://www.officemax.com/promotional-pages/cyber-monday?cm_mmc=Bing-_-2012+-+Awareness+-+Cyber+Monday-_-Deals-_-the+cyber+monday+deals_Exact&002=2110289&004=1128147286&005=24215784554&006=1689043006&009=e&011=cyber%20monday%20deals
- QVC http://www.qvc.com/ElectronicsEventPrice0103.content.html?ref=MNG&cm_ven=bingPAID&cm_cat=G-Black+Friday&cm_pla=CM|Deals&cm_ite=vcPKg5jn_1717660879_cyber%20monday%20deals
- RetailMeNot (for coupons at other stores) http://www.retailmenot.com/deals/cybermonday
- Overstock http://www.overstock.com/cyber-monday
- Target http://www.target.com/c/cyber-monday/-/N-5q0f1
Small Business Saturday
- Shop Guide (In case you were unfamiliar with small businesses in your area of residence. https://www.americanexpress.com/us/small-business/Shop-Small/?pkw=small+business+Saturday&pmt=p&pcrid=1732368136
Intern- Kanyinsola Ibiyemi-aluko